I recently participated as a member of the jury to the Lingerie Awards launched by the lingerie website Lemon Curve, and I had the idea of this new section : Beauty secret.
I’ve tried on and analyzed dozens and dozens of pieces of lingerie and I thought that you might be interested in knowing a few new things (or not new for that matter) I have decrypted in details for you (be them lingerie or not).
Let’s start today with a piece of shapewear I’m absolutely a fan of. Very close from the brand Spanx, the american plus size brand Torrid has launched its own line of shaping lingerie.
I’ve already told you about the Spanx shorts here, today I will decrypt this weird kind of tank top.
– you can wear your usual lingerie and it doesn’t hide your bra
– it doesn’t cover up the cleavage
– it straightens the rolls from the chest to all of the back and belly
– it doesn’t roll up thanks to its very large stay-up band on the bottom
– the whole part from the straps until the armpit is reinforced and super comfortable because it’s lined
– the support is variable thanks to the weaving
– you can wear it with a close-fitting top for example
– it’s invisible
– no need to wriggle when you go the bathroom
– it reduces the demarcation you can have with sculpting brieves
– it keeps you a little too warm
– the straps are a bit wide for some dresses or tops
– it’s limited to the belly, for the rest you have the jumpsuit version with integrated shorts
– it’s ugly
I personally wear it with outfits underneath which I need to straighten my belly and back, when I wear loose skirts like skater skirts for example. Tested and approved in a hostile environment that is a day of work, it doesn’t cut blood flow or the belly in half.
I own 3 different types of shapewear : the shorts, the leotard (I’ve told you about it here) and this top. For me it’s the must-have range if you want to master your curves a bit.
Of course I don’t know this kind of shaping lingerie everyday but it’s an essential help when you don’t really want to show your little love handles off. These pieces also helps your posture, think about it for fancy outfits.
You can find this top on the Spanx website here.
I now leave you with these super sexy pictures !
What about you, do you wear shaping lingerie ?
+ Torrid Shape Collection – Torsette +